Protect Your Investment
The biggest threat to asphalt paving or blacktop is neglect. Many home and business owners lay down a parking lot or asphalt driveway and forget it.
Even small crack and tiny holes allow water to seep in over time, which causes damage and exacerbates existing problems that require cement repair. Specifically, in cold climates, where there are periodic freezing and thawing, this process causes even bigger problems for asphalt pavement.
Louisville Paving Pros helps you to protect your investment with paving repair & maintenance for blacktop pavement before they get worse.
5 Tips for Asphalt Maintenance
The aging process begins as soon as hot asphalt begins to cool. From the moment is it laid, asphalt paving starts to break down, leading to necessary blacktop repair.
These preventative measures help to extend the life of your asphalt paving and avoid problems.
- Inspect your asphalt paving on a regular basis. Look over the surface for cracks, faded markings, and other indicators of cement repair issues.
- Contact Louisville Paving Pros to seal any cracks that are bigger than ¼-inch wide. Crack sealing will prevent these small cracks from getting bigger.
- Look for emerging “birdbaths” in your asphalt paving. If you notice birds gathering in a specific spot that holds water, it may be time to repave to prevent pools of water from forming in low spots.
- Every year, schedule a sealcoat process for your asphalt paving. Sealcoating protects any asphalt paving from deterioration by protecting the surface from water, oil, and gas.
- Sealcoating is most effective when it is performed in late spring or early fall when the weather is at least 50°F.
Commercial and Residential Asphalt Repair and Maintenance
We provide the complete line of services for both commercial and residential paving repair. No job is too big or too small. Use the tips above to evaluate your space and give us a call for a free estimate.
Sick of bumps and cracks in your pavement? Let us smooth it out for you!